Saturday, May 24, 2014

seven quick takes friday-- er, saturday: ed. 21

1. I found the most awesome website for free printables.  I love printables, because, um... free decor!  Check out some of these:
So cute, right?

2. This article is amazing: On call. It perfectly describes being on call as a pediatric resident. Read it!!

3. Check it out-- there's a new meteor shower (the Camelopardalids-- yes, that's the real name) tonight that will be visible over North America. Wish I could see it.

4. My geeky, pun-loving self giggled at this:

5. This little exchange happened a few days ago:

Faith: (holding out an empty spoon) "Daddy, want some baby food?"
Jack: "Sure!" (pretends to eat it)
Faith: (watches with poorly disguised malicious delight)
Jack: "Mmm, yum! All done!"
Faith: "Ha! It was POOP!"

6. Have you ever heard of putting peanut butter on a bee sting? One of my patients was coated in peanut butter by his school nurse after he stumbled on an angry hive. I'd never heard of it, but apparently it's a thing. Apparently you can put a bunch of different stuff on a bee sting, if you're so inclined. (I'd recommend cold compresses, but whatever floats your boat!)

7. I'm seriously considering chopping my hair off. Like, really short. Like, long-pixie-cut short. Kinda like these:



What do you think? Cute, right? Am I crazy? Would I regret it? Would I hate it? Would I love it? Can I pull it off?

Head over to Conversion Diary for more quick takes!



No comments :

Post a Comment