So, life right now is:
- living in Maryland where we are MOSTLY completely moved into our new house (except for the garage, closets, and basement... heh)
- staying home with 3 kids full-time
- homeschooling Faith in kindergarten
- driving to the NICU every day to visit my 1-month-old twins (yup)
- pumping round-the-clock
- admitting I can't "do it all," trusting God, and either outsourcing or letting some things go
I'll try to go into the whats, whys, hows, and wherefores of each of those things eventually... but believe it or not, it's the last thing on that list that's the most difficult for this type-A control freak who's always prided herself on her self-sufficiency and competence. (I'm a decided INTJ, for any Myers-Briggs aficionados.) I've always been the person who says to herself, "I can handle it. I've got this." Wellllllll........
So suffice it to say, this summer has been a much-needed and long-overdue lesson in surrendering my plans to God and being okay with that.
Besides, they're worth it: