Saturday, January 4, 2014

13 from '13

I know it's not 2013 anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't do a year-end review or, more importantly, JOIN THE LINKUP!

January:

We visited our families in Ohio for New Year's, aka Let's-Pretend-It's-Christmas-Because-We-Had-To-Work-On-Christmas-Because-Stupid-Residency. Faith got gastroenteritis and freaked out on the plane. Good times.

February:

Faith turned two and gorged herself on cake. She also started talking more, working on overcoming her speech delay thanks to her wonderful speech therapist, Miss Betsy.

March:

Still preggo. Fortunately I passed the dreaded glucose tolerance test this time-- when I was pregnant with Faith I just barely failed and had to come in to do the three-hour test on one of my few Saturdays off.  Shoot me.

April:

Presented my research, "An Analysis of Infant Deaths and Injuries Associated with Swaddle Wraps and Sleep Sacks" at a poster presentation and won a (very local) award for it!  (Also, I turned 29. Yikes.)

May:

Faith enjoyed her last month as an only child as we got ready for Josie's arrival.  I finished up almost all of my clinical experience as a resident, as I had cleverly arranged my schedule to have my final, baby-birthing month be a "board study" month only, with just a couple half-days of continuity clinic remaining.

June:
Jack and I both finished residency!  Here's me (looking enormous) with almost my whole residency class on our end-of-residency party/boat trip.  Look how happy we all are to be DONE WITH RESIDENCY!!!

June gets the bonus picture!

Josie was born at the end of a super-quick 5.5-hour labor.  Seriously, I started having contractions as we headed out to lunch at Panera, and by dinnertime I had a baby.  It was basically drug-free (not on purpose... I respect ladies who want to go au natural but I'm not one of them) because it was ridiculously fast. They got the epidural in-- and the IV, which I was supposed to have much earlier for antibiotics due to screening positive for GBS-- JUUUUST in time for me to push.  Then it was like 3 pushes and hello baby!

July:

Omg, you guys, we moved to Guam!!  The heck?!

August:

We finally moved into our house after being on Guam almost a month.  So amazing after living in hotels for weeks on end.  Also, Jack turned 31... officially "in his thirties." Crazy!

September:

I started work as a real-life attending pediatrician! Double crazy!

October:

Faith was the cutest Red Riding Hood EVER for Halloween.

November:

Cooked my first (teeny, under 10 pounds) turkey successfully!

December:

Christmas on Guam. Surreal. Happy, though.


I could do with a few years quite a bit LESS eventful than 2013. You know?


Linking up with Dwija at House Unseen, Life Unscripted!



No comments :

Post a Comment