Sunday, June 8, 2014

answer me this: awkward bookish introvert edition

1. Do you have a land line?

No. I'm thinking as the girls get older though, we might get one of those land-line-that-hooks-up-to-your-internet things, both for emergencies and for the kids to use. They're less expensive than standard land lines, generally.

2. What is your least favorite food?

I honestly can't think of any food that I absolutely detest and Will Not Eat. I'm not a big fan of beans all on their own, I guess, though I don't mind them in soups and things.



3. What's on your summer reading list?

I'm finishing up Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking, and Style, Sex, & Substance, then next on my list are Simplicity Parenting and The Ocean at the End of the Lane. My more long-term reading projects are On Food and Cooking and A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms. Oh, and the Catechism. (I'm doing that read-the-Catechism-in-a-year thing.)

My bedside table a few months ago. Several of the books are now gone, but they've been replaced by others. The height of the pile has only increased. Do you think I have a problem??

4. Is there something that people consistently ask for your advice on? What is it?

Well, yes. People ask my advice about medical stuff, particularly regarding their kids. (Not just at work, but obviously there especially.)

5. What's the most physically demanding thing you've ever done?

Aside from giving birth? Working in the PICU during residency. 28-hour shifts, no sleep, nonstop work, stressful environment. Just crazy.

Only tangentially related, but oh-so-true.

6. How do you feel about massages?

Well, I like them in theory. And I definitely like them from my husband. But I feel like getting a professional massage would just be AWKWARD. Am I supposed to talk? Or just lie there in silence? If I am supposed to talk, what would I talk about? Or would it be super-weird to talk and I should just shut up? I'm an INTJ, you guys. Even thinking about small talk stresses me out. I chopped off all my hair yesterday (pics to come!), and I was more nervous about chatting with the stylist than I was about chopping my hair! I think (going back to the massage) I would have too much trouble relaxing, which would kind of defeat the whole purpose.


Click back over to CatholicAllYear for more folks' answers!

No comments :

Post a Comment